Friday, January 9, 2015

nobody's sleeping tonight

.. and probably also for the rest of the month.

stole the cushion >:) nobody uses the common room these days anyway, too bad i couldn't carry the entire couch upstairs.

i always end up making a mess of the whole room when i study. one of the best birthday gifts my sister gave me back in the day was that of a pack of hazelnut-flavored, 3-in-1 coffee (fanning my love affair with coffee), and the service of tidying up my whole study area..which she probably did because towards the end of every busy study period my mess would start creeping into her side of the room and she'd almost always find me sleeping on her bed because mine was overrun with books and notes and my army of stuffed toys headed by my 4-ft tall teddy bear, nicholas.

come think of it, they never understood why i'd give inanimate, fluffy friends the (rest of the) bed (not covered with mess) and sleep on the sofa, rather than tuck them away in a cabinet for the night. they have feelings! plus they make good reference points, like, where did i put my binder? oh, under nick's leg.

it was such a nice feeling coming home and seeing my desk top again after a long while.

this is why i'd need a whole separate room as a study with cushions and stuff in my own house if i want to contain this occasional mess and keep my bed always available for sleeping.

::

No comments:

Post a Comment