Thursday, January 28, 2016

roses


prayer is impressive. saying that prayer during the adoration is more impressive owing to the fact that God seems to answer them right afterwards. the first time i "bargained" with God, i am not extremely proud of this, was during that time i couldn't finalize my schedule because of the trouble with the internship contract. it stressed me out so much i told God i would commit to the international choir if he would fix things for me because i have already done everything i can. right afterwards He "cornered" me into committing to the choir practice and the following day He fixed everything and i was finally able to finalize my schedule. i have committed myself to the choir ever since and i do try my best to be faithful to the commitment. the awesome thing is, on days when i seem to slack out, paul unknowingly drags me back on the right trail.

this is where paul comes into today's story. 

for all intents and purposes, i believe it's safe to say paul likes me to some extent. during tonight's coffee date he gave me three roses, so yes he DOES like me. do i like paul? well, he is amazing. i tried not to check him against my checklist just yet but i couldn't help but peek earlier today and he actually checks out! i have been praying for a lot of other things before - my courses, my exams, my family, etc - and, after all he has done for me the past few weeks, i guess it's just high time i really have to pray for both of us.

so i did.

tonight i prayed for positive results on my phd applications. i also asked God to guide us both, to let our love grow with his blessing or to remove these feelings if it is not right. this amazing thing happened after the adoration, while we were all socializing with each other, a woman came up to us and asked, 

"are those the first flowers he has given you?"

"yes, it actually is.."

"ahh, the holy spirit must be with him"

i was not quite sure how to react to that but, somehow, i feel like God is trying to tell me something. all the same, i do pray that God will continue to guide this relationship. i trust God knows best.


::

No comments:

Post a Comment