Friday, September 27, 2013

alain adeva the great

i'm not much of a make-up person. i hate perfectly manicured and drawn eyebrows, layers of foundation, too rosy cheeks and heavy eyeliners. and by principle i dislike men (okay, gays) doing my make-up, preferring female artists because i feel confident they understand my desire for a light, non-plastered look. that is, until i met my sister's make-up artist for her wedding.

meet the beautiful and gay, alain adeva the GREAT!

on a scale from one to ten, i give him a 10 at par with jean, the chinay make-up artist from cebu who did ate's face during her pre-nup photoshoot. the 10 includes artistry and personality :D

the first time he did my face was in cagayan de oro during ate's pre-nup video shoot and i was supposed to be her coffee date in a segment. alain took 1.5 hours doing my face (30 minutes of which perfecting my eyebrows) for a 4 second scene which showed only the lower half of my face hahahahaha. poor alain. but it shows how proud he is of his art and he doesn't take small things for granted, and i respect him for that. anyway, i went on a wedding accessory hunt after the shoot (depends how you define "date" ♪, bwahahahahahaha) and i HAD to take most of the paint off especially on the eyes and cheeks, but i left the eyebrows alone. i LOVED it!

today, alain was contracted to do my sister's make-up. ate only.
an assistant did mine.
which was okay.
but made alain belch.
so he redid my eyebrows (because they were too dark).
then worried about the eyeliner.
then retouched my eye shadow because he hated them.
finally he wiped off my makeup and redid my whole face because he loves me! hahaha.
gotta love OC people.

oh i love you alain. i trust him enough not to check my face in the mirror every now and then to see how my make-up is doing. i ran and perspired (men sweat, women perspire *wink*) myself off during the whole pre-ceremony preps and during the ceremony but i haven't checked my face, not even once. complete surrender it is. he even retouched my makeup after the wedding ceremony because, again, he loves me, hihi. i feel so special :D ← feeler :P

if i should describe my experience with him and his work in words, it would be: alain, perfect, horoscope, "depends how you define <insert noun here>", eyebrows!, lovely complexion, funny. and the tagline "just me, only better".

kirei deshou? :D

i know, i missed having a picture with alain, and he's certainly no longer a stranger, but i know for sure he's number one on my list in case i need a perfect make-up artist in the future.

ikaw na teh! your gay lingo is so contagious haha.
for promotion and reference, Alain Adeva :)
::

No comments:

Post a Comment