Friday, October 11, 2013

calendar syncing issue

i tweaked my phone again. i wanted my phone calendar synced to my google calendar, but unfortunately no matter how much i set it to sync automatically, it won't. actually, it wouldn't sync at all and i get this error icon on my google settings screen which is annoying because it's red..plus it has an "!" on it. i could install google calendar, it has no problem syncing the data with my browser. the only problem is, i kinda like the phone calendar UI better.

google calendar vs. phone calendar
the agenda for the selected day shown at the bottom of the phone calendar is most convenient. plus you can set the view (month, week, or day) in one click unlike for google calendar where you have to do it in two clicks (press "October 2013" then select view).

so the only workaround i could think of to get the best features from both is to have both apps installed on my phone. what it does is, i edit tasks in the phone calendar which gets automatically synced with my google calendar which, in turn, is also synced with the cloud. a waste of memory space, yeah, but i don't suppose i'll be doing heavy scheduling of tasks for now so it should be okay. should i need space later, one of the calendars needs to go haha.

::

No comments:

Post a Comment